Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle w Linux Packaging & TAILS improvements/new distribution

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:34:03PM -0500, Chris wrote:
> While I would not suggest eliminating the tarball completely as there is
> more to the world than just debian I do think the manual installation is
> cumbersome and risky for the user. It make no sense to recommend manual
> installation when there is a better system that is already being used.

I do agree with this statement. Debian users that can get the TorBrowser
from Debian repositories should be able to do so.

Except that getting the Tor Browser in Debian requires quite some work.

Some people gathered to discuss praticalities of the Tor ecosystem in
Debian during the last DebConf. A summary of that discussion was sent on
the tor-dev@ mailing-list last julyÂ[1].

In case you want to do some actual work, you are welcome to try to
create a tor-browser package that would be compliant with the Debian
policy. Upstream ticket is #3994.

[1]Âhttps://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2011-July/002866.html
[2]Âhttps://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3994

Cheers,
--
JÃrÃmy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@xxxxxxxxxx                    : :â  :  # apt-get install anarchism