Re: [tor-talk] Tor on two computers, one IP?

On Saturday 17 December 2011 10:42:19 Phillip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up tor on two separate computers using one net
> connection.
>
> I have a spare computer, which I want to set up as a relay, permanently
> using about 1/3 of my bandwidth. On my main computer, I'd like to run a
> bridge, or at least as a node (for the enhanced anonymity). I've got it
> running on both at the moment, but it seems that only one ever works at
> a time.
>
> The other reason I don't just run the relay off my main computer is that
> I sometimes need to run a VPN, or reboot my computer, or whatever...tor
> prefers stability :)
>
> I don't particularly want to go through the hassle of networking them,
> or using the spare as a central tor server, if it can be avoided... btw,
> both run Ubuntu and Vidalia.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have four computers running. One runs Tor, one is my desktop box (though
it's actually on the floor) and points to the first one for Tor things, one
is a laptop with its own Tor client, and the other is a Windows box that I
use for my job and doesn't know Tor (though it's easy enough to set it up).
You can have one box running Tor with a web browser, Torchat, or OnionCat on
the other.

The other way to do it is to run Tor on both boxes and forward different ports
to the different boxes.

cmeclax