Re: [tor-talk] On verifying security of Tor Routers idea

On 12/21/11, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A lot more than I'm willing to critique.  My suggestions are

Add a PHASE-0.5: Email out requests for permission to scan &
permission to publish the scan results to all tor node contact
addresses

PHASE-1: b) Portscan all Tor Router>> that we have received permission
to scan<<, save it via XML

PHASE-2: f) Publish the Statistics result Summary>> for the nodes that
we have received permission to publish stats<<

PHASE-4: remove all nodes from the concensus that do not meet the new
Tor security standards

This isn't that far from a proposal for a system whose results could
be trusted.  Just drop the ethically-challenged hacker mindset & ask
for permission to scan as well as permission to publish.

Lee