Re: [tor-talk] TBB on GNU and Windows

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:59:14 +0800
Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I realized that the tbb is behaving differently on GNU and Windows. In
> Windows, one may start tbb before or after starting an instance of
> Mozilla Firefox. In GNU, one may start tbb only after opening Firefox
> first. If tbb is started and I attempt to start a fresh instance of
> Firefox, it will launch another window of tbb.

I've added "--no-remote" to my non-tor Firefoxes on OSX and
Linuxes/FreeBSD to avoid the conflicts. Users call in with the same
problems too.

> Is this difference intentional?

I hope it isn't intentional, it makes using tbb with normal
firefox a pain in the ass. You have to remember to start non-tor
firefox first, and then TBB. Order of starting shouldn't matter.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact