Re: [tor-talk] William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:42:45 -0600
Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Load of US-centred rubbish]

Seriously, you need to realise that most of the world is not the
States, and things work differently over here. Some parts of Europe are
safer than others, and some (including UK) are distinctly unsafe,
despite external appearances. You can bet if I was served a warrant
relating to an alleged child sex offence I'd be opening a defence fund,
because the police here are very fond of reminding you who's in charge.
It's not about whether you did the crime, it's about whether you want
to spend months on remand (and potentially losing your job, home,
partner etc) before eventually being acquitted. Never mind that the
tabloids will splash your picture all over their front pages with
headlines that will tarnish your name forever. You need money to fight
that, too.

And that's Europe. If he was in most African countries he'd be totally
screwed.

> How much is 10,000 EU anyway - $100 USD?

You seem to have the wrong idea about which is the weaker currency. The
Euro and Sterling have certainly taken a battering, but the Dollar isn't
exactly the safest investment either. Really, childish xenophobia isn't
constructive.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012@xxxxxx>