[tor-talk] Tor Browser protections

Hello everyone.
I have a small question.

Does Tor Browser protect against IP/DNS leaks more than regular Firefox? If I change the network settings in regular Firefox to local proxy and then disable the Tor service, I cannot connect to the Internet, so it doesn't look like anything can leak unless there's a bug.

I do realise that Tor Browser has many other ways that it protects my anonymity. But I would like to know about whether you think Firefox has not implemented SOCKS 5 support properly.

Thanks. Niles.