Re: [tor-talk] Firefox vs. Tor Browser Bundle release cycles

BM-2D9WhbG2VeKsLCsGBTPLGwDLQyPizSqS85@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> The version of Firefox incorporated into the Tor Browser Bundle (TBB)
> available via torproject.org is currently multiple releases behind both
> Firefox ESR and Firefox. The latest-available Tor Browser Bundles
> generally include versions of Firefox ESR that do not include patches for
> publicly known security vulnerabilities.

That is wrong. ESR 17.0.11 is/was a security update and we are shipping
it in the current TBB. Have a look at the ESR cycle to see that we are
not behind Firefox ESR
(https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/ "What does the
Mozilla Firefox ESR life cycle look like?"). The new bundles with
Firefox 24 ESR will come out within the next days.

Georg