Re: [tor-talk] OpenVPN over Tor [#328 recv_socks_reply TCP timeout]

On 12/15/2013 03:16 AM, grarpamp wrote:

> The authentication feature of the socks5 protocol rfc
> 1928/1929 has nothing to do with this timeout issue.

That may be so. But it would be easy to try.

And why would Tor by default require authentication on 192.168.1.1:9050
but not on 127.0.0.1:9050?

> Now if you can't ever connect openvpn via socks at all, you
> need to watch your tor log for that and add prefersocksnoauth
> to socksport. Or presumably apply this patch to openvpn.

OK, I'll add prefersocksnoauth and see if that eliminates the need for
authentication on 192.168.1.1:9050.