Re: [tor-talk] Does Tor automatically update?

On 13-12-31 09:50 AM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> I'm running a Tor relay on my Linux box and did a tor --version a few
> minutes ago, thinking it might be time for me to upgrade the software.
> I was quite surprised to see that it reported being updated today at
> 8:30 or so!
>
> Does the Tor relay software (not Tor Browser Bundle, mind you)
> automatically update?

Not sure what "tor" you are running;
tor --version
on debian reports this when i do it:

Tor version 0.2.4.15-rc (git-e7b435872cce464f).

It is possible to set linux to automatically update from repositories.
There is development on automating updates for TBB but not for relays as
far as i know.