Re: [tor-talk] SSL Visibility Appliance

You need to install the sniffers CA certificate to allow them to break your
TLS connections or you need to hack a trusted CA to create some wildcard
ones (Comodo incident). Some software like Chrome also uses cert pinning,
so only a hardcoded cert is allowed. Afaik Tor uses hardcoded certs for the
dir authority and relay certs are signed by dir authority, so this
technology wouldn't be able to sniff Tor traffic, even if you voluntarly
install their CA on your machine.