Re: [tor-talk] Idea: Public verification of exit nodes and their maintainers - Fwd: [tor-relays] specifying your own entrance and exit nodes

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> grarpramp,If Tor only consisted of hidden services, wouldn't this class of traffic-fudging problems go away? (I'm assuming the handful of centralized services most people use would just generate vanity addys.)

No. Sybils / forgeries are influence attacks on the network itself (evil nodes,
eg: identities). Compromise the network and whatever rides on top of
it is compromised. Though attack on users by evil exits literally sniffing
goes away if the network has no exit feature (only hidden), nodes are
still relays, and Sybil there is still Sybil, regardless of her purpose.
(Such as getting lucky enough to carry your entire circuit, or modulate
your traffic flows.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack