Re: [tor-talk] Including Adblock to TBB to save bandwith

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Daniel Roskams
<rocket_penguin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 02:44:05PM +0100, Justaguy wrote:
>> I had an idea last night
>> What if torbrowser would include adblock, this would reduce the amount
>> of bandwith used, and thus increase the overal speeds @ tor
>>
> I think this is a really good idea, it would help make tor faster and get rid of annoying ads at the same time.

Hello all,
Using less bandwidth per user won't necessarily make the network
"faster" for the individual user. There is already a surplus of
bandwidth available, as seen here:
https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth.html

FWIW, I use an adblocking plugin on my TBB because it is how I prefer
to view webpages. I'm aware of why it cannot be included by default,
as others have stated.

-Jeremy