Re: [tor-talk] Question about something said about Tor in the Der Spiegel data dump

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:57:09 -0600
Cypher <cypher@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting. Could that mean then that it might be advisable to always
> enter the Tor network from the node running on my PC instead of
> allowing Tor to select it? I know that is against best practices but,
> in light of this new info, might that be the case?

I /think I prefer/ the opposite i.e. your first scenerio; connect to
the Tor network in the usual way...

The problem will still be to differentiate between your Tor node flows
to other Tor relays (and clients? guard node?), and your client Tor flow
to someone elses guard node.

With your second scenerio; are you suggesting you would use your own
node as a permanent guard node?

--
Matthew Puckey