Re: [tor-talk] Machine readable index of stable/unstable release versions

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 05:56:57PM -0500, Scfith Rise up wrote:
> Just my 2 cents, if you move to something like github's "latest" binary releases approach for projects, it works really well.
>
> I do that for a few of mine and it works great. As simple as a latest.zip that is them most recent version binary for Linux, OSX, & Windows.

Yeah, we've pushed back against that approach so far, because of the
maddening user support interaction where we say "what version did you
fetch?" and they say "latest".

For normal users, they should be using Tor Browser, which updates itself
once you've got it installed, and in any case for Tor Browser versions,
the right answer is the (easily parsed)
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/RecommendedTBBVersions

--Roger