Re: [tor-talk] A curious email from Twitter mentioning Tor Project

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:53:23AM +0100, Jens Kubieziel wrote:

[..]

> Currently it is quite unclear what the reason for this mail is. Twitter
> has confirmed that they sent it. Some people assumed that it has
> something to do with Tor, but I found several others who never used Tor
> with Twitter.

Indeed. When I received the email I assumed it was due to using Tor with
Twitter since that seemed to me to be the most likely reason. That, or
some detection algorithm used by TWitter was touchier than it should
have been, causing it to trigger when it shouldn't have.

After a couple of weeks (and finding no more than 46 confirmed "Persons
of Interest (by 'State Actors')", I'm at a loss as to why we received
it. Looking at the list members and our posts, nothing stands out as
being noteworthy.