Re: [tor-talk] NoScript problems after TBB 6.08 update

On 12/19/2016 12:41 PM, podmo wrote:
On December 18, 2016 10:07 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
Never mind.  The last NoScript 2.9.5.2 update included in TBB 6.08 over
rode some of my settings.
It changed the option "Allow HTTPS scripts globally on https documents"
from unchecked to checked.

FWIW, mine (Linux) didn't do this. Am on 6.0.8 and 2.9.5.2 as well and
under Noscript Advanced/HTTPS/Permissions/Allow... it's set to unchecked.

I don't know if that one NS option was changed *by the addon* (NS) included IN the TBB update, or changed as part of the TBB update process. Looking at the BU of NS settings just before the TBB 6.08 update, it's clear I had "Allow https scripts globally" disabled.

And I definitely didn't recently change that option manually- no reason to.
But right after updating TBB 6.08 & noticed no scripts blocked on https sites, I did a NS settings BU before uninstalling NS. That settings BU showed the pref was enabled.

So I don't know how else it got changed, except by NS or TBB update process.
Since the default NS setting for this is disabled, not sure how. The TBB "extension-overrides.js" file doesn't include this pref to override NS default.