Re: Bandwidth

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006, patgus wrote:

>  I see that both incoming and outgoing rates on my server are much
>  higher than what I have set as BandwidthBurst. I had BandwithBurst
>  set to 200 Kb and had outgoing rates of 450 Kb at times.

Tor uses a tocken bucket scheme for bandwidth rate limiting[0].

Burst is the size of the Bucket, and is given in Bytes (or kilo-, or
megabytes).  BandwidthRate is given in Bytes per second (or k or m).

HTH,
Peter

0. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Token_bucket
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal