Re: General anonimity/privacy question when using TOR

 Ah, yes well I did not say they had or were going to do it. Besides the "ultra-secret-agency-we-shall-not-name-lol" can hack the servers and get the keys if they want to anyway. Then they can use their "secret-monitoring-program-that-does-not-exist-but-everyone-knows-about" to intercept all the communications and decrypt & analyze them on their supercomputer.
 I don't think the servers would have to be widely geographically distributed, since I do not think that tor discerns upon geographic location or (not sure here) ping time. On an internet backbone ping-time would be low anyway. lol, so if 50-100 servers show up in the same spot we all know ;), unless they think of that :0
Course, you know intel agencies live to spend money, who cares the cost. Speaking of your $15 million catch as an example.
 Just talking ;)