Tor over SSh Tunnel diagnostics

This question is for all Tor users, but primarily Roger: Is there a way to either test myself or have someone else test my Tor server to see how it fares in terms of speed and responsiveness when used via a remote SSH tunnel? The reason I ask is that my server cannot be accessed by clients from the outside due to a university firewall. Both the connection here and at my remote location are pretty fast, so I think opening a forwarded port over there to over here would be relitavely low latency.
I definitely want to check this first though to make sure that others can actually get some use out of my node.

Thanks!