Re: Tor over SSh Tunnel diagnostics

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:42:03PM -0800, firefox-gen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 13 lines about:
: to either test myself or have someone else test my Tor server to see how
: it fares in terms of speed and responsiveness when used via a remote SSH
: tunnel? The reason I ask is that my server cannot be accessed by clients
: from the outside due to a university firewall. Both the connection here
: and at my remote location are pretty fast, so I think opening a
: forwarded port over there to over here would be relitavely low latency.

	If you are testing ssh over tor, your performance is going to be
	as fast as the slowest node in your circuit.  If you're
	suggesting doing a straight non-tor ssh tunnel, then the
	performance will be generally based upon transit and cpu
	performance of both ends of the tunnel.

	There's no better way to find the answer than simply trying it
	out.

--
Andrew