Someone manipulating Tor routing?

Why is it that my tor server tries to make outgoing connections to port 110, when my torrc says

ExitPolicy reject *:* # middleman only -- no exits allowed

and there aren't any servers listed in the directory that have port 110 open as a OR port and the IP of the outgoing connection isn't an IP listed in the directory either? Is that meant to happen?

Apart from anything else my AV scanner pops up and intercepts the connection, which is really not going to work.

    cheers,
         DaveK