Re: 0.1.0.17 questions

phobos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 04:42:11PM -0600, richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 13 lines about:
> : I'm new to tor and set up a Fedora Core box as a server on 0.1.0.16.
> : At that time, tor showed as a service when I ran serviceconf, but after
> : installing 0.1.0.17 last night, it does not appear. Is this expected?
>
> How did you install Tor 0.1.0.17?

I downloaded the Red Hat rpm from http://tor.eff.org/download.html.en

Then (as root) I ran rpm -Uvh tor-0.1.0.17-tor.0.rh4_2.i386.rpm

This indicated a problem with libevent1.1 not being present (even though
the 0.1.0.16 install had been working) so I did a yum install libevent*
and then repeated the rpm upgrade.

This morning after noticing that tor was NOT running, I looked in the /etc/rc.d
entries and compared them to those on an FC4 box where I have the 0.1.0.16 version
still installed. I added symbolic links for:
  ./rc0.d/K10tor
  ./rc1.d/K10tor
  ./rc2.d/S90tor
  ./rc3.d/S90tor
  ./rc4.d/S90tor
  ./rc5.d/S90tor
  ./rc6.d/K10tor

to match those I saw on that system and now tor shows up in the serviceconf listing.

Richard.