RE: How-To route other protocols through Privoxy (e.g. IRC)

So what will this achieve using it as a proxy for another program like IRC?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of ADB
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:57 PM
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How-To route other protocols through Privoxy (e.g. IRC)

Its a SOCKS-->HTTP translator of sorts. In other news, I updated the
"Firefox Performance with Tor" entry to reference the FasterFox plugin, and
removed the reference to the Squid proxy acceleration procedure that we all
deemed a "bad thing" several months ago.
    In other news, speaking of ETM, There is a mirror plus other documents
at http://anonymity-portal.us.

~Andrew