Re: UTC & increased anonymity for client/node & user

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, ADB wrote:

> I had issues with suse linux where tor would NOT operate at all without
> using UTC! Directories were always 8 hours off, and thus it wouldn't use
> any directory info and thus no circuits! This is just my experience
> though, and why I use UTC only, plus HW sync.

Then your clock was simply wrong.  Of course whatever your clock says
must match the actual time in your configured timezone.

| TZ=UTC date
should always return the current time in UTC,
matching the first line on http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl

If it doesn't your clock is off.

Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal