Re: Tor server problem with dynamic IP addresses

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Christian Kellermann <Christian.Kellermann@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> * Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060225 22:09]:
>>> I've got trouble running a tor server with dynamic IP addresses,
>>> after the initial IP address has changed.
>> I have had the same problem. This has been fixed in CVS and also
>> backported to the stable branch. Which version are you using?
>
> I'm using tor v0.1.0.17.  Actually, today it's working again.
> I don't know why...

Now I'm facing a different problem.
Tor server says: Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable
from the outside. Excellent. Publishing server descriptor.

However, starting a tor client with my own server as EntryNodes
gives a warning from add_nickname_list_to_smartlist() that my server
is "known but down".

The reason seems to be that my $HOME/.tor/cached-directory does not
get updated appropriately.  It contains an old IP address for my
server.  When deleting the file and restarting the client, it works.

(In addition, $DataDirectory/cached-directory also contains an old
IP address.)

Any ideas?

Jens