Re: PHP coder needs Tor details

Um .. send the signal to the pid of tor?
(or do it the lazy way and do 'killall -SIGNAL tor' from the command line)

see the PidFile part of torrc. Something sensible like /var/run/tor.pid comes to mind ... Then just 'kill $signal $pid'.

Note : to make this work, the command that executes the SIG_WHATEVER will have to be either the same UID as what started TOR, or root .. a security concern since I'm guessing you want to do some web $foo with it and PHP.

Regards,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University

Mr. Blue wrote:
Hello,

I am new here and am trying to utilize Tor by PHP from command line.
I have read all manual and all faq but it helped me very little.

With that information I've only achived to install tor and make PHP do request through Tor.

Problem 1:

I start Tor by simply typing "tor" in command line(FreeBSD 6.x). When I tried to stop it by SIGNALS form Tor man pages none of them worked.
Obviously SIGNALS are not ment to be passed to Tor through command line(This MUST be in a man but it ISN'T!), while options with theirs values ARE ok if passed to Tor through command line.

So let's firstly solve this - How to start and stop Tor through command line?
After that I will pas question 2.

Thanks in advance!

Ipsens

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Yahoo! Answers <http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>. Try it now.