Re: map of tor routers

Another things to consider, since you're going to be doing so much
checking is to instead of just running a tor client, running an
authoritative directory server. If you don't want to deal with all the
traffic, you can just set it to only allow local connections and not
adversite. Another feature might be to run it through the peerguardian
lists (peerguardian.sourceforge.net) and somehow "label" servers in
those lists.
Ringo Kamens

On 2/20/07, Bryan Fordham <bfordham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neat; if you're going to check more often than that, I'd suggest that
> you run a Tor client and look in its cache instead.

Is there a reason to check more often than that?

Neat stuff!  Keeping historical data might also be cool, so you could
> see how the network's geography changed over time.

yeah, that's my idea, too. Be able to watch the network change, and also watch how a particular router may change.

One other thing I forgot to mention:
I'm using the geocode that goes along with the IP for each router. That may
or may not be accurate. Is there a reasonable way to get the info from each
router operator? I don't know if a message signed by the public key is
feasible or not. Perhaps getting confirmation by contacting the contact
address? But not all routers have that.