Re: Running Tor on a v-server with limited number of TCP sockets

Am Mittwoch, den 21.02.2007, 21:05 +0100 schrieb Stephan Walter:

> So what I'm doing now is
> running Tor as a non-exit server with "ulimit -c 130", limiting the
> number of network sockets to about 100 (The other thirty are regular
> files and UDP sockets).

Hi,

my non-exit node ran on a vServer with ulimit 1024. Because I was afraid
of running in this limit I logged the number of oben files with

   pid=`cat /home/tor/.tor/tor.pid`
   sock=`ls -x1 /proc/$pid/fd | wc -l`

The number of open files depends on the bandwith limit. I don't know,
what my limit was, I think 40kb/s and the number of open sockets was
about 80 or 90.

Perhaps you could start with a low bandwith limit and have a look at
your number of open sockets.

Max