Re: Tor server web page?

Run Apache (or whatever) on the same box and follow these instructions :

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#ServerForFirewalledClients

specifically :

To offer your directory mirror on port 80, where apache is already listening, add this to your apache config:

   <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
       ProxyPass /tor/ http://localhost:9030/tor/
       ProxyPassReverse /tor/ http://localhost:9030/tor/
   </IfModule>

Then just set the basic html page as you describe in httdocs. It's also a good idea to have the reverse dns say something like "tor-anonymous-proxy.whateverdomain.com" because that's the first place folks will look.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University

Sam Creasey wrote:
I know I've seen this discussed on here, and it's pretty much just a
FAQ at this point, but somehow my google skills are failing me...

Does anyone have a link to some example text to reply to HTTP queries
for the / page of an ip which runs *only* a tor exit server? (http://torserver/)
Something along the lines of "Any traffic you've seen from this IP was
generated by a tor server.  there is nothing to see here."

Thanks.

-- Sam