building pages with tor in mind

I'm seeking some opinions on best practices for creating web pages with Tor users in mind. Specifically for the Tor Map Project, though I don't think it really matters.

I know flash, _javascript_, and cookies can all be used to compromise anonymity. I have no intention of using these in such a manner, but of course I have to assume many of my users will have them disabled.

So, my question: Should I not use them at all, or simply have the site still function without them? Specifically I'm thinking of _javascript_, which can make some things on the map I'm developing much nicer.

I'm thinking it's fine to use scripts, etc, as long as you don't lock out people for not using them. This is a general accessibility guideline. But do opinions change when we toss Tor into the mix?

Thanks
--B