Re: Norwegian DNS compromized

Mr. Blue wrote:
> You better BET that if anyone is against censorship, then I AM in a
> FIRST LINE!
> Being free and anonym is a main reason why I like Tor, so I could
> get rid of those greedy I-see-all govs eyes.
>
> But even THIS world MUST have some rules.
> Do you have rules in your own house where you live?
> Imagine it without them.

Yes, and this is, given the limits of technology, best left to the
realm of The Good Lord to handle ( the rules are in The Bible if only
people would abide by them.  There is something that the vast majority
of people fail to take into consideration, and that is the fact that
evil exists in this world.  It does, and while we cannot endorse it,
or go along with it, we do have to tolerate it in as much as we cannot
prevent it without actually hurting ourselves in the process
(reference the quote of Thomas Paine).

> Now, I personally don't care if someone use Tor to hack someone, rob
> a bank online, commit credit card fraud, or hack any other site...
> or anything similar.
> Main reason/point is because ALL those targets have ABILITY to
> actually DO defend themselves!

Far as the banks go, especially the central banks go I agree because
they are the author of more evil in this world than any individual
pedophile.  In fact, if you do enough research on the subject, you
will find that they are behind a lot of the promotion of pedophilia.

> Poor kids DON'T!!!

True, and it's up to their parents to defend them from the predators.
Anyone that believes the state will defend them has a screw loose.

> And solving this problem by simply shouting out "I am neutral I just
> care for Tor" and dare to consider problem solved is totally stupid
> and SELFISH act.

I don't think anyone is taking that stance.  Personally, I believe
that there is no good solution to the problem.  Any active attacks
upon those people via hacking ect... will establish a precedent of
censorship on the Tor network, and will come back to haunt the
legitimate users of Tor.

> Even I AGREE that censorship is NOT a solution to this problem,
> because it would cripple Tor, so Tor wouldn't be what it was meant
> to be from beginning.

There you go, you see the principle, but because you feel so strongly
about the reprehensible acts of a minority of users of Tor, you are
willing to violate the principle.  It takes a lot of backbone to stand
on a principle, especially if by doing so acts that you do not
condone, and believe are evil incarnate are not prevented.  Taking a
stand on principle often means incurring a lot of pain, not only upon
yourself, but upon others that you care about.

> Point is that pedophiles are on OUR territory once they are here
> which doesn't mean we need to report them to authorities (and choose
> one side in a process how some are claiming).
> We can nail them silently by ourselves, and make theirs life a hell
> in a process.
> Rob them, hack them, expose them (to theirs relatives, newspapers,
> anonym "vocie" to police etc..)..., you name it!
> All options are opened... and in this process we don't need to abide
> to any laws.

I will remind you here that two wrongs do not make a right.  I confess
that I do not have a solution that will not violate the rights of
other Tor users, or should they take an active role in attacking the
pedophiles, protect them from prosecution.  Regardless of the fact
that they might be hacking pedophiles computers, their hacking  would
still subject them to prosecution by the authorities of most, perhaps
all countries.  So, given  that, and other facts I've presented, the
only solution I can see it that the Tor network issue a strong
statement decrying the pedophiles, and other criminal elements using
the Tor network, and leave the investigating and prosecuting to the
("semi") legitimate authorities.  Given that I've worked in law
enforcement for most of my life, and realize how little protection it
provides (more often than not, it provides oppression and persecution
to those it's supposed to protect, and protection to those it's
supposed to investigate and prosecute) that says a lot. or should anyway.