RE: The use of malicious botnets to disrupt The Onion Router

> Some of us Tor operators know other Tor operators. As such a (web of)
> trusted core network would be valuable.

Anyone else interested in this? I'm a coder, unfortunately I do not like C
(nor C++) so I can't help out much there... How big is the TOR code?

The idea would be that your trusted friends would not be your endpoint exit
node, just your firstpoint into a TOR network. And your endpoint exit nodes
would be friends of your friends friends. (3 levels, or more). While not
passing back who your friend's friends are, statistics such as how many
friends they have could be passed back to determine how many exit nodes you
eventually would have... thus you may choose 3 hops... and see that maybe
there are not enough endpoint exit nodes for your taste... so then you could
specify more hops.