Re: Tor relay shutted down by ISP

Thanks :) My ISP reconnected me again but I had to promise to never run
Tor again. Tomorrow I'm going to call them and try to change their
minds. XS4ALL is a ISP who stands for freedom of speech, they are
against censorship, etc etc. If they knew what Tor was they wouldn't
disconnect me for running Tor..

If you just run a middle node, nothing "that bad" should come spewing out of your box. I would be curious if you were running an exit node originally, or if it was just a middle node.

In the tor-config file, there's some exit policies -> if you reject *:*, then you're essentially a middle-node, in which everything is both 1) encrypted and 2) between tor-to-tor traffic (which will almost certainly generate no future complaints)....

~Jon