Re: many scrubbed connections on tor relay running v0.2.0.19-alpha (r13450)

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:14:57PM -0800, tor user wrote:
> I get the hourly scrubbed messages too. This instance
> of Tor is only being used as a server and not a
> client, so I don't expect to see these messages. What
> could be going on?
>
> Feb 20 00:11:51.103 [Notice] Have tried resolving or
> connecting to address '[scrubbed]' at 3 different
> places. Giving up.

If you want to get a bit more info, set
  SafeLogging 0
in your torrc. Then you'll learn what it's connecting to. My guess is
that it's doing a reachability test on its own DirPort. But I really
don't know.

Once SafeLogging is off, be more careful with your logs (e.g., if it
looks like an actual user connection, don't post it). And be sure to
turn it back on again when you're done debugging.

--Roger