Re: Tor relay shutted down by ISP

At the risk of sounding rash and impulsive, I'll venture to say that a
little bit of education here, could go a long way - I think the ISP
folks need it.

In my experience ISP's are not intrested of Tor, they just want that no botnet traffic etc. goes through their networks. Trying to educate them is in vain. This is in Finland. They just don't care.

One of my friend works at national isp, he warned me in advance that they may cut off my adsl connection if I don't "fix" Tor (filter out abusive traffic which is impossible or make it middle-man only). They got bunch of abuse reports from Ficora, a Finnish organization that is responsible for the fi-domain and so on.