Re: tor memory leak under Ubuntu 6.06

Andrew wrote:
While I'm not an expert at any of this, I would think that ~100MB might very well be a reasonable size for a somewhat fast tor node. How do these
figures compare to others running on Ubuntu?
My two relay nodes on Debian Etch (about 200k and 300k bandwidth) consume
about 200MB (250MB VSS) and 290MB (330 MB VSS). So, yes, without additional
information e.g. about the changes over time the 100 MB can be perfectly
normal behaviour. That the memory utilisation increases from startup values
significantly is expected as tor doesn't have to keep track of many
connections directly after startup. (And if tor consumes more and more memory
over a longer time it may be due to memory fragmentation or increased number
of connections.)

Regards,
Dominik