Re: Some Bones to Pick with Tor Admins

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:51:42 -0700
mark485anderson@xxxxxx wrote:

> Maybe not many users because Tor's last two versions are buggy and
> don't allow them to use it? Still plenty of 98se users out there and
> I have 3 browsers now that can use tor safely. course they will not
> work on .33 and .34 because tor developers do not adequately test or
> code their program.
> This is a simple matter, no great task. Maybe they are just lazy?

Or, perhaps they have lives. I just wanted to point out that you could
always get a nice old beige box from someone put a small Linux distro
on it and route you 98SE machines through Tor on that box. That way, you
keep 98se. you keep Tor. Also, having the Linux box as your proxy would
also let you unload both tor and privoxy from you 98se boxen. You could
even configure iptables to help ensure there are no data leaks from
misbehaving win98se appies.

Just a though.
Freemor

--