Re: Tor speed

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM, slush <slush@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for my thesis, I tested speed of Tor and JAP (free service). Although JAP
> was a little bit slower than circuits of Tor in benchmark tests, I was
> surprised that JAP had much better user experience and acted as faster.

latency is also an important component to measure.  especially when
content, like html pages, contains many nested elements or links which
require additional connections to other sites.  the latencies are
additive and some elements of an HTML document are not rendered until
a sufficient number of bytes / linked entities are loaded.

best regards,