[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: 0.2.0.33 for OSX10.3
- To: "OR-Talk List" <or-talk@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: 0.2.0.33 for OSX10.3
- From: <joelwmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:18:46 -0800
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:18:39 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-Id:X-Mailer:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=TSRJXHJbykR0c2EanWrxGQREJ/VJiOvqtF0T5us+wRpP6CXZihE65yuEimXp+fgjB/JRvoTF2QxBzlhUnUPebBo+9UYaA2N9sv8anJbjUXakssgwNKO/K1itOBfKf3CUTu55mHWWLwW6jUdyDV0dwG84hLjZkNCteoSPv+rEd2o= ;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having the same problem on 10.3.9. I *seriously* doubt this is a
problem with anyone's 10.3 install, because I downloaded a number of
releases all the way back to 0.2.0.31 which finally contained an
installer package that would work. I downloaded and tried both the
"vidalia bundles" and the "expert bundles" that only contained Tor -- The
results were the same for both types of installation bundles.
Not being a lazy user who just whines "fix it!", I started comparing the
install images that work with those that do not. I found that the
invisible ".contained_packages" folder contained packages that had
significant internal differences: In the packages in the releases that
wouldn't install, most of the <installer-package-name-here>.pkg/Contents/
Resources/ folders were missing the copies of (and/or aliases to) the
"Archive.bom" and "Archive.pax.gz" files as well as the "<installer-
package-name-here>.sizes" and "<installer-package-name-here>.info" files.
I made a read/write copy of the image of the problem release and tried
patching up the packages by hand, but all I managed to get was a
different error message: "Missing or old Bill Of Materials."
I hope this helps you track down the problem with these installers.