Re: Bittorrent

Germershausen wrote:

> Become a tor developer and write
> a module that helps to ban all bittorent traffic from the tor network.

I'm strongly against equipping Tor with the ability to filter exit
traffic based on the content. That's exactly what governments and
Hollywood lobbyists nowadays are trying to enforce by law. Besides it's
only the exit node operator's decision what kind of traffic is unwanted.
At least I don't consider bittorrent protocol over Tor as unwanted
traffic for my exit node. I'm not the Internet Gestapo!

The only reason default filesharing protocol ports are denied in my exit
policy is lacking cpu power to handle additional filesharing traffic.

Olaf