Re: Bringing back Tor on the iPhone - take 2

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Marco Bonetti
<marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) strictly related to tor: I build the latest stable release *WITHOUT*
> the --enable-iphone switch. As I can understand from the post linked
> above, that option will jusr add some compiler flags needed only by
> older version of the iphone toolchain/firmware and I think that probably
> they could be removed as no longer necessary. Does anyone know something
> more on that patch?

That matches with my impressions of it.  All it does is define
"__DARWIN_UNIX03" and "IPHONE".  The only place in Tor that looks at
"IPHONE" is set_max_file_descriptors, where instead of defaulting to
asking for 15000 connections, it only asks for 9999.  If the define
and the fd limit change aren't needed any more, let's kill them.