Re: Firefox woes with .onion and proxies

Two things....

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:03 AM,  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It sounds like you need to create a new profile and see if it has the
> same issues, or simply purge the firefox installed and install it again.

Fixed it! Many thanks! Maybe I should nuke my anonymous profile from
orbit now and again
anyway.

This looks like it fixed the other issue I was having too (behaving as
if the wrong content type was sent)... tho that looks like just bad
socks errors... the port number was being left off one of the
redirects (oops) and it looks like firefox wasn't giving the proper
error. Now that it talks to polio again, I got the error
properly.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jim <Jimmymac@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> : Now, I put in my onion address.... and firefox dutifully adds a "www."
>>> : before it, and immediately times out.
> This is a bit of a guess (so make sure you remember how to revert!), but in
> about:config try setting browser.fixup.alternate.enabled to false.  I
> believe that is how you turn off the browser attempting a prefix of www.
> and/or a suffix of .com if it doesn't think the URL you entered is correct.

You are my saviour. This didn't fix my issue (as you can see) but has
exorcised a demon from firefox which I have cursed since the day it
first screwed up a url on me. Thats getting changed in every single
one of my profiles!

-Steve