Path-spec - fast circuits

Hello,

For exit router selection path-spec says that;

"For circuits that do not need to be "fast", when choosing among multiple candidates for a path element, we choose randomly. For "fast" circuits, we pick a given router as an exit with probability proportional to its bandwidth."

Could anybody explain why Tor pick exit router with probability proportional to its bandwidth only for fast circuits? As far as i know Tor uses this technique for load-balance. But why it uses this technique only for fast circuits?

Thanks in advance.