Re: TOR Blocked at Universities

On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Michael Holstein wrote:

Why not simply block that entire network in the Exit policy?

You're missing the point .. we already blocked our *own* /16 in the
exit. The problem was the thousands of academic journals, all of which
have distinct addresses, that consider any traffic from our /16 as being
"on campus" and thus not needing of authentication. As the exit node
resided with that /16, any traffic sourced from it would appear to be
"on campus" from the perspective of the other entity.

Indeed, I missed the point entirely. My apologies. I somehow thought people from the outside were accessing ressources within your university.

Sebastian