Re: Google cookies

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:03:28 -0500, Flamsmark <flamsmark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 13 February 2010 14:16, Jon Cosby <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 23:45 -0500, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:27:26AM -0800, jon@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.3K bytes in 10 lines about:
> : I just noticed that on closing a Firefox session, google cookies are not
> : removed. I have to toggle Tor to remove them. Is this normal?
>
> Do you mean toggle torbutton?  It depends what you have told torbutton
> to do or how you have setup firefox to manage cookies.

Yes, I'm using the Torbutton, with the default cookie settings (clear on
toggle, etc.) The google cookies are the only ones that require a manual
click to clear. All others are removed on closing and resetting Firefox.

Are you referring to the Google cookies that Torbutton uses to avoid having to fill in CAPTCHAs every time you load a Google page? Those are the same across Torbutton users, so they won't identify you.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen that in a while. Nice feature, I wasn't aware of it.

Jon