Re: getinfo circuit-status

Roger Dingledine schrieb:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 03:41:55PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 08:17:32PM +0100, Nico Weinreich wrote:
{This is based on re-reading circuit_get_best in circuituse.c.}
OK, thanks for this very detailed explaination. But is there a way to get (before or after a HTTP request) the circuit which will be (or was) used?
Not currently.

As Nick points out, there's an easy way to do it after the fact. My
longer mail is talking about predicting which circuit will be used by
a hypothetical stream without actually making any connections through Tor.

--Roger

Yeah, I read in control-spec for the last hour, but it's still a bit confusing for me. I hope you can still help me a little bit. As I understand, I've to do the following:

- get tor to watch for stream events by sending SETEVENTS STREAM over control port
- send my real request over tor (in my case a http request)
- this is an asynchronous response, so I've to wait for a response like "650 SP STREAM SP stream_id SP SUCCEEDED SP circ_id SP target:port"
- get circuit by GETINFO CIRCUIT-STATUS

But I've no idea to realize the last point in PHP. To act with control port I open a normal socket in PHP and send my request. After that, the tor request itself is done with CURL. I found PHPs function socket_select which allows to wait a specific time for a response, but what time should I wait?