Re: Exclude... options and what about Tor v multi-hop proxies?

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:04:56 +0000 Andrew Lewman
<andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 02/27/2010 01:36 AM, maggie@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Would the designers/developers please extend the comparison FAQs
>> [1][2] to include commercial multi-hop providers, like perfect-
>> privacy.com, xerobank.com, built on top of Tor, or otherwise?
>
>Last I checked, none of these are built on top of Tor at all.

With 25+ perfect-privacy routers in the network? I would say they
are built on top of the Tor. They don't all declare the family
option either but that is another matter.

>The FAQ you linked to on the wiki is world-writable.  Feel free to
>update it with your own results.

I would gladly if I knew enough about it, and I will if this thread
produces a reasonable reply.

As a user I read the designer/developer provided documentation
trying to understand the system and trust their judgment/word when
it gets too deep for me to understand it. Not all of your users are
academics with PhDs.  Every other configuration is there in the
FAQ, compared with Tor, so I don't understand why these type of
services are excluded from the comparison.

I did not post the question here as soon as it occurred to me. I
have spent considerable time reading around, including the entire
or-xxx archives to find such a comparison but found nothing except
(elsewhere) unproven claims and counter-claims from users or haters
of such systems.

Thanks for your reply.

Maggie