Re: Privoxy icon popping up

cmeclax-sazri <cmeclax-sazri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have Konqueror 3.5.8 set up to use Privoxy and Tor. Sometimes I try to bring
> up a site that's down, and I get a page generated by Privoxy. But I also get
> Privoxy's favicon on some, but not all, pages of a forum I'm on. How come?

Hard to tell without more information.

If you (temporarily) configure Privoxy to log the client
requests, the log should tell you what's going on.

If you get the Privoxy error favicon (white P in red circle) on
pages that aren't generated by Privoxy itself, but don't see any
requests for the favicon in the log, the client may be reusing
the cached favicon for sites it shouldn't.

Clearing the client cache should work around this.

If you see actual requests for the favicon, the Referer header
or the surrounding requests should give you a hint where the
request originated from.

Fabian