Re: "cease and desist" from my vps provider...

On 02/03/2011 04:05 PM, Marco Predicatori wrote:
> Afaik, there's no such law in Italy. Ask them which law it is.

asked, they told me to contact a lawyer (sic!)

I told them that if they are telling me that they cannot keep my
service up for some legal reason they should provide (I just asked
for a weblink) the specific reason/law, no answer from them until
now (and I don't think I'll ever get one)

>> Anyway I was about to switch to another provider, can someone
>> suggest me one that allows tor nodes?

self suggestion: I asked hetzner if they accept a tor node, they
told me "yes, but you're responsible" (of course)

> I've been running an exit node for a few years on ngi.it. Never
> heard from them. My node has been down for a few weeks for hardware
> problems, but I plan to put it back on line soon.
> According with http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/, almost any major ISP
> in Italy connects some exit node. Kiss Seflow goodbye and be happy. :-)

that will be my next step ;)

italian tor (would-be) admins beware: avoid SEFLOW.it!

    /\_______________
   /--\ndrea |rentini

http://atrent.it
 Laboratorio Software Libero @