Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:44 +0000, "John Case" <case@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> There are a small number of easily identifiable "cons" to letting an exit
> run like this, and there are an unlimited number of unknown "pros" to
> letting an exit run like this.  You should know this.

 Leaving aside the original question of whether to BadExit GateReloaded,
 I'm afraid this argument is without merit.
A rational decision can only be made on the basis of that for which you
have evidence. There will always be an infinite number of things for
which you have no evidence, but which you can imagine. Your argument
appears to be equivalent to Pascal's argument for worshipping God -
which has always been open to the rejoinder "which god, worshipped
how?".
 Until you can quantify the "pros", it is only rational to behave on the
 basis of the quantifiable "cons".
GD